Dave Predzin, PGA, CGFI
Owner and Director of Instruction for the DPGolf Academy in Northern VA, Dave specializes in private instruction, helping players of all ability levels. He has a thorough understanding of the principles of learning, and follows this proven approach to help his students reach new levels in their golf game. Much of Dave’s business comes from referrals. This speaks directly to his ability to effectively communicate with his students as well as help students reach their individual goals. It is his unique teaching background and approach to training that has brought Dave and his students much success.
- Extensive teaching background first developed during 25-year law enforcement career
- Solid foundation in the principles of learning through hundreds of hours of instruction on various teaching methods
- Developed the physical training programs for Prince William County recruits, officers and SWAT
- Applies these same proven teaching principles and methods to the game of golf
- Class A member of the PGA of America
- Level 3 Instructor with the United States Golf Teachers Federation
- Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, Titleist Performance Institute
- Certified TRX Instructor
- Master Instructor, Graves Golf Academy
- Full-time golf instructor since 2003, giving thousands of lessons in that time
- Fine-tuned his teaching skills to simplify the learning process for students
- Uses Video swing analysis software to visually enhance the learning process
- Total game approach: full swing, short game, putting, mental approach & course management
Dave’s approach to teaching:
I listen….carefully. If you are an experienced player I will ask what you need help with. For example, more consistency, solid contact, more accuracy, lower scores, etc. I then watch you hit shots with a variety of clubs. Once I have determined the root cause of the problem I will show you what is happening with your swing on video. I will suggest a starting point for correcting the problem and teach you how to train yourself so you can build good swing habits when practicing.
If you are a beginner, you have come to the perfect place to learn the game. We will start from scratch. I will teach you how to hold the club, set up to the ball and aim and align yourself to the target. From there we will work on building the proper swing motion with short swings first. As you progress we will move to longer swings until you are making full swings from the tee box.
[post_list posts_per_page=”5″ filter=”0″ author_name=”Dave Predzin” pager=”0″]